Tuesday 3 March 2015

Back again...

Right, I’ve decided it’s long past the time when I need to get to grips with this blog and tell you what I’ve been up to during the time that this blog has been silent.

The truth is that, in between my joinery work for customers, I’ve been building and restoring my home. I’m lucky enough to have a 17th Century barn which I’m converting to a habitable house, and at the very outset I made the decision to take my time and do the job sensitively, in keeping with my values of craftsmanship and environmental awareness. This has meant that although progress has sometimes been slow and frustrating, the end result is shaping up to be quite special.


I’m going to use this blog over the coming weeks and months to tell the story of the barn’s evolution into a habitable home. It’s been quite a rollercoaster, and I’ve learned a lot about old buildings, repurposing materials, and investing in the future. I hope you’ll enjoy hearing about my struggles and successes.


No comments:

Post a Comment